Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Annual Halloween Party Cancelled

It is with GREAT remorse (truely - I'm in mourning here) that we have cancelled our famous annual Halloween Party for 2008. When we tried to come up with a date for it, every available weekend (or FHE, or weekday) was taken with a band competition for Hayden. We can't have the party without both of my kids being there, so we'll just have to do without this year. I feel sorta like my one big shaa-doo has gone poo poo.... I really had some great surprises lined up too - and the invitations were SOOOO cute.... sigh.... I'm so sad that we won't be hosting the funnest night of the year this year... but, I'm hoping to have a ton of fun with my sisters and little nieces at "Witches Night Out" at Gardner Village on Friday, the 24th up in Salt Lake. Then on the 25th we will be having a Vreeken family Halloween party - so I get to use some of my many prizes, treats, crafts, and even the witch pinata for little cousins.... Hayden and Terry will be missing out, but Hayden will at least be having a great time in Denver with his marching band friends. Terry, well, I'm thinking he will find something to go hunt that weekend.... maybe he'll get his bear tag filled? That's gruesome enough....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacque,
    I'm glad to know that you didn't have your Halloween party, because we couldn't be there (just kidding). I know how much you love it and it was such a great party. It sounds like you guys are busy, busy. Isn't great to have teenagers that you follow around. Aubrey is in the thick of her high school volleyball season. She is on the Sophmore team and they have won every game except one. She is a great player and is now over 5 feet 9 inches tall and still growing! Trey is on a club basketball team and had his first game on Saturday and won. Hailee is doing dance and has great moves and coordination all which she got from her mom. Sydni is doing gymnastics and soccer. We think soccer is her sport, she does a great job. Tyce just hangs with Mom and his many friends and oh yes Rock (his real best friend). He also goes to preschool and getting too big but I steal my kisses from him. Todd has some promising jobs in the works and we should know within a week (Hallelujah!) I'm back to running since my surgery and feel so much better. We sure miss you guys but it is fun to see your pictures and read your blog. Maybe one day I will get my own blog -- ok probably not! Come see us soon. We will be in Cortez for Thanksgiving. Hope to see you then. Love ya, Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jac - Don't dismay- this is just the year without parties... I canceled my party too! (well my Christmas party 2007) You will survive.... enjoy the year off. Wish we were coming to slc for all of the festivities. Love you!

    ReplyDelete